A very inspiring video of David Steindl-Rast – Want to be happy? Be grateful.
What I consider the most important remarks in the video:
- It’s not happiness that makes you grateful, it’s gratefulness that makes you happy
- Our advice to children when crossing the street is stop-look-go. That should be our own attitude as well:
- Stop: we need stop signs, moments of attention
- Look: open your eyes, ears, nose, all your senses and most of all, open your heart
- Go: do something, use your imagination
- Grateful people are joyful people
I love this TED-talk.